Whilst experimental economics have been started in 20th century, most of the real estate research utilises econometric modelling approach, lab-based research is scarce. We aim to open a new field in real estate research. The lab provides a space to install some up-to-date gadgets such as smart home automation tools which can be used during the experiment. It aims to contribute teaching and research to the university:
- The lab provides lab-based learning on top of traditional face-to-face learning, increase students’ learning interests;
- It shall provide a good place for students to collect and analyze real estate big data with the new algorithm and programming software installed inside the lab;
- Utilization of experimental real estate in teaching enriches teaching content by promoting innovative ideas and exploring new directions to combine theory with practical applications.
- Various talks and seminars will be held with local and overseas industry partners and academics.
- To provide a repository for real estate big data and spatial econometrics data.
- The lab provides an experimental site for real urban environment research.
- Various automated objects are installed for the research study, such as home automation tools.