Room Swapping Instructions

申請調房細則  Rules for room swapping application :

UG002 – Undergraduate Hall of Residence Room Swapping Form 本科生宿舍調房申請表 ➤

1. 本科生宿舍調房的申請限期為閣下的最早入宿日起至2019年9月30日;
Room swapping application has to be sent through this form to Hall Management Unit (HMU) starting from your earliest check-in date to 30 September 2019;
2. 每位宿生於住宿期內的每個學期只可申請調房一次;
Each applicant can only apply for room swapping once in each semester of the assigned residential period;
3. 調房申請只限兩間房間的宿生對調,該兩間房間須為同一宿舍大樓內的相同類別房間;
Room swapping application is only available to the swapping of residents in two different rooms. The two rooms should be in the same room type in the same hall building;
4. 調房申請必須為兩位申請人皆同意;
Room swapping application must be agreed by both the applicants;
5. 申請人須自行通知室友有關其宿舍調房申請。
Applicants should notify their roommates about their room swapping application by themselves;
6. 兩位申請人須於提交本申請表 ➤至少三個工作天後,帶同學生證、書桌鑰匙及/或大門鑰匙及信箱鑰匙,一同到宿舍管理部辦事處(研究院綜合大樓高座RHB208室)辦理相關手續。如於提交本申請表十四個工作天後或2019年10月8日前(以較早日期為準)仍未到宿舍管理部辦事處辦理手續,即當作自動放棄調房申請處理。
Both the applicants should proceed to HMU office (at RHB 208, Research Complex) with their HKSYU student card, desk drawer key and/or door key after three clear working days of the submission of this application form ➤. If applicants fail to complete the room swapping procedures at HMU office within 14 days after lodgment of the application or on 8 October 2019 (whichever date is earlier), their application will be deemed to be withdrawn.

Warm Reminder


Residents have to complete and submit the Undergraduate Residence Agreement and Residence Registration Form of his/her new room after completing the room swapping procedures in HMU office.

Important Notes

1. Residents’ access right to the residential hall will be expired after the room change procedure. 
2. A fine of HK$120 will be charged for each key if residents cannot return the drawer key, door key or mailbox key when changing room.
3. Residents are responsible for the damage or loss of the room facilities, and will be charged according to the Residence Penalty Reference for Room Facilities.