We provide wired and wireless internet access services within the campus area.
To facilitate the internet connectivity in campus, Wi-Fi is available within the whole campus area.
Wi-Fi service is available in many public areas of the University:
● Academic Building All floors;
● Library Complex G/F – 7/F, 9/F;
● Lady Lily Shaw Hall G/F – 4/F;
● Residential and Amenities Complex G/F – 4/F, 6/F – 19/ F common rooms;
● Research Complex (Low block) All floors; and
● Research Complex (High block) LG5 – RHB5/F, RHB6/F – RHB14/F common rooms
Wireless encryption settings
SSID: HKSYU / HKSYU_RC
Security key/Passphrase: 2570711000
- All rooms in University's halls of residence provide a network port for connecting to the residence network.
- To connect your computer to the residence network, your computer must have a wired network card with a LAN cable, plugged to the netowrk port in the wallplate.
- If you are still unable to connect to the internet, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the cable is plugged to the computer and the wallplate firmly, and then re-start your computer.
- In the TCP/IP settings in your computer, make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are selected.
- Remove any settings related to "proxy" in the settings of your internet browser.
- If you have your own boardband/wireless router, make sure to connect your "WAN" port to the wallplate. Connecting your router with port other than "WAN" port will affect the residence network, and Computing Services Centre will disable the corresponding network port without notice.
- You may refer to this documentation about how to properly setup and connect the boardband/wireless router.
- For security reasons, all computers must have anti-virus software installed. Some free anti-virus software can be downloaded through the following links:
- In case you cannot install the anti-virus software, there is a chance that your computer is already infected. Please run the online virus scan through this link : https://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/zh-tw/default.aspx and choose "Full Scan".
In collaboration with HGC Global Communications, it provides the largest WiFi hotspot internet service for HKSYU Staff and Students.*
“HGC on air” Wi-Fi network covers large-scale shopping malls, café chains, fast food chains, restaurants, entertainment complexes, commercial buildings and private housing estates all over Hong Kong.
*Refer to HGC website, based on a review of the number of hotspots featured on the websites of 6 Wi-Fi service providers in Hong Kong at midnight on 12th Mar 2018. Each Wi-Fi service location provides one or more Wi-Fi hotspots. Wi-Fi is applicable to designated Wi-Fi service locations and hotspots. Number of Wi-Fi service locations and hotspots quoted is based on service provider’s information. Each Wi-Fi service location may include different numbers of hotspots. When the Wi-Fi signal is weak or unavailable, service may automatically be accessed by mobile data and mobile data charge will incur based on user’s monthly tariff plan.
More information at :